Whether it's to make sure kids aren't being bullied online or that pornography is banned on the home computer, the Net Nanny 6.5 Internet filter can protect families from the vast amount of offensive content littering the web. This family-oriented filter, available via download and compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7, is specially designed to allow users to manage their home Internet use from anywhere around the world. The software lets families customize the settings and personal preferences to ensure all their safety needs are met.
New to 6.5
- With each new version of the Net Nanny software, developers up the ante by improving both the protection offered and the user experience. New features to version 6.5 include:
- A user-friendly Interface that offers parents help in deciding what online activities are appropriate for their kids.
- Upgraded performance for faster online surfing .
- Net Nanny 6.5 is the first desktop parental control software to set age-based video gaming restrictions using the ESRB™ rating system and the content of video games.
- A user creation assistant with age-based settings.
- Changes can now be made remotely from any Internet connection and are instantly synced to the home computer
- Thanks to the use of Flash technology, the Net Nanny reports have been improved to provide parents an all-access view of their children's Internet activity and behavior.
- Predator and Cyber bully Alerts: The Net Nanny software can monitor instant message use and send alerts to parents regarding possible online predators and cyber bullies. It can also warn parents when inappropriate comments are being made on instant messaging services.
- Social Networking Dashboard: This feature lets parents check in on their child's Facebook account, as well as monitor other social networking activity.
- Filtering: The software prevents attempts to circumvent filtering by blocking and filtering secure proxy and encrypted websites.
- Customized Lists: Net Nanny gives parents the ability to create lists of which websites, regardless of their content, that can and can't be accessed.
- Search Engine Integration: The software's "Safe Search" type options guards against children accessing pornographic pictures while doing image searches. The feature is compatible with a number of popular search engines, including Google™, Yahoo™, Dogpile™, AltaVista™, Lycos™, AllTheWeb™, and MSN™.
- Notifications: Parents are notified via e-mail when the set Internet usage policy is attempted to be bypassed.