Your Privacy and Security are Important to Us
1. What personal information does the SPACE.com Store collect? The website does not collect any personally identifiable information about individuals, except when such information is voluntarily submitted by the user. In common with many websites, the SPACE.com Store automatically logs certain non-personally identifiable information about visits to our website. This information is used for system administration and for producing usage statistics.
2. What does SPACE.com Store do with my name and address? We use your name, email address, phone number, mailing address and credit card information to process your orders and comply with any requirements of law. This information may be disclosed to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order or technical support. All personally identifiable information is stored in a secure database. We do not sell or rent your name or other personal information to third party vendors.
3. What type of mail do you send? We send information that you tell us you will find useful. If you become our customer, we may send you special offers, electronic newsletters, surveys, or site and product notifications.
4. Is it safe to shop online? Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for mutual authentication, data encryption and data integrity are used for your protection. SSL is the industry standard security protocol to encode sensitive information, such as your credit card number.
5. What does it mean to be a secure site? Before completing any transaction on a website, you should make sure it is a secure site. Being on a secure site means you are connected under the cloak of SSL security. You can tell if you are on a secure site if you see a padlock or key somewhere on the bottom of your browser window. If the lock is closed or if the key is unbroken, the site is secure.
7. What if I still have privacy concerns? Email us at StoreSupport(at)space(dot)com. Note: Our site does link to other sites and the SPACE.com Store is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.