- Deck and landscape software for easily designing outdoor living spaces
- Create beautiful landscapes, terrain features, gardens and decks
- Plant Chooser with 3,600+ botanically accurate flowers, trees, and shrubs
- Drag and drop thousands of items from the Library Browser
- Get started quickly with easy how-to videos that offer step-by-step instructions
- Platform: PC Download
Introducing Home Designer Landscape & Deck 2014!
Let Home Designer Landscape & Deck by Chief Architect Software help you plan and design your perfect outdoor living space. It's easy to quickly design the virtual look and feel of your backyard, deck, patio, pool, or other outdoor project. Create beautiful landscapes, terrain features, gardens, and decks.
Landscaping is easy with over 3,600 botanically-accurate flowers, trees, and shrubs - from tropical to desert. Create gardens, pathways, hills, valleys, ponds, and more for your perfect landscape.
- Choose from over 3,600 realistic plants
- Plant Chooser lets you quickly locate and learn detailed plant information
- Plant Hardiness Zone maps for North America, Europe, and Australia
- Plant Growth Slider Tool lets you visualize how your plants will look in three, five, or even 20 years
- Search for plants based on a variety of attributes such as bloom time, water and sun needs, height information, plant type, and color
Decks and Patios
Powerful decking and patio tools allow you to design and visualize your new deck with 3-D models. Make your new deck or patio look exactly the way you desire.
- Use the Deck Designer tools to quickly design the layout of your deck
- Define the details for your decking - borders, planking direction, overhand, and planking gap
- Place and arrange outdoor furniture to correctly size your deck or patio
- Design single or multi-level decks including free-standing, tiered, and post-and-beam
- Deck foundations automatically generate to match sloped lots
Create beautiful landscapes, terrain features, gardens, and decks for your perfect outdoor living spaces.
- Choose pre-arranged landscaping or flowerbeds for inspiration to jump start your own ideas
- Import digital photos such as family portraits or backdrops of your lot for realistic 3-D views
- Drag and drop thousands of items from the Library Browser, and choose plants, pavers, windows, doors, outdoor accessories, textures, furniture, and more
- Use the built-in Plant Schedule as a list of plants for your landscaping project, by common or scientific name
Use Automatic Build Terrain and Terrain Perimeter tools to create flat, irregularly-shaped, or sloped lots. Use a GPS to import elevation data. You will find several terrain tools to create your lot's shape, elevation, and contours.
- Create water features for your landscaping projects using the Stream or Pond tools by simply clicking to place and then resize
- Use the Terrain Wall tool to create terraces or divide your terrain slopes
- Drag elevation lines or set specific elevation points to create your contoured lots
- Visualize designs with day and night views
Create any shape lot. Enter elevation data, hills, valleys, and flat regions to create your virtual lot. Use Raised, Lowered, and Flat Region tools to precisely model your terrain.
- Create plot and perimeter plans and automatically generate a 3-D model of your actual terrain
- Manual dimension tools measure any distance, including dimensioning to individual plants
- Sprinkler Designer tools let you easily lay out sprinkler zones
- Define terrain elevation lines, elevation regions, and retaining walls for accurate modeling
- Fences, driveways, and sidewalks follow terrain contours
- Create borders around plant beds with terrain curbing
- Download bonus library content
- Free online training videos
- Free training webinars
- Free technical support
- Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- 2.4 GHz processor
- 5 GB of disk space
- 2 GB of memory
- 256 MB of dedicated video memory, supporting OpenGL 2.1 or higher
- High-speed Internet for registration, video access, and content downloads